Governance of the "Observatoire Chronométrique+"
The "Observatoire Chronométrique+", the label of the Swiss certification of the High-Horology, only brings value if the guidelines are fully controlled.
Dedicated bodies are in charged of overseeing its implementation : a legislative body, an executive body and a legal body are handling independently these activities.
The Foundation board of the Geneva Laboratory of Horology and Microengineering, is the highest body, delegated by the Geneva state of board. The foundation represents the legal body and acts as the responsible of the "Observatoire Chronométrique+".
The technical committee of the "Observatoire Chronométrique+"represents the legislative body. It is in charge of the criteria definition and standards updates depending of the technological innovations.
The function of the executive board is on the "Observatoire Chronométrique+" laboratory hands. Supported by the departments of Homologation, Certification and Inspection, the "Observatoire Chronométrique+" can at anytime control all criteria applied during each production step of timepieces.
The executive functions and the head office are delegated to the State Board of the canton, fully involving 7 members.
The head office of the State Board is subdivided in departments managed by its own State Advisor (Minister).
The Laboratory is established as a foundation of private law under the guidance of the State. The Foundation board involves 9 members appointed by the State board :
- 3 representatives proposed by the department of the Public Education, Culture and Sport (1 proposed by the "Ecole d'Horlogerie du centre de formation professionnelle technique" and 1 proposed by the "Haute école de Genève");
- 2 representatives proposed by the department of the Regional Affairs, Economy and Health;
- 1 representative proposed by the department of Financials;
- 3 representatives of the Geneva Watchmakers industry proposed by the UFGVV (“Union des Fabricants d’Horlogerie de Genève, Vaud et Valais”).
The chair is located in Geneva canton and the governance is ensured by one of the representative proposed by the department of the Public Education, Culture and Sport.
The foundation board submits for approval to the State board, the organizational policy as the working rules of the accredited team members.
The technical committee supervises the "Observatoire chronométrique+" activities. The committee involves 5 members, depending of their qualifications and expertise, appointed every 5 years by the foundation board.
A member appointed by the Foundation board leads the committee. The Director participates to the committee works through a consultative voice.
- The "Observatoire chronométrique+" committee is in charge to determine the reliable technical level required on the different watch pieces.
- It defines the guidelines of the "Observatoire chronométrique+" and ensures their full compliance.